News ACEA Website: CarDataFacts.eu
ACEA has just launched a new educational website on access to vehicle data, which can be found at www.CarDataFacts.eu. This website provides a fact-based overview on everything related to the sharing of vehicle-generated data with third parties.
The website is structured around six main questions from a consumer point of view (each one coming with a detailed infographic as well as an in-depth written explanation):‘
- Why share car data?’ - http://cardatafacts.eu/share-car-data/‘What kind of data can my car share?’ - http://cardatafacts.eu/data-can-car-share/
- How do vehicle makers protect my personal data and privacy?’ - http://cardatafacts.eu/vehicle-makers-protect-personal-data-privacy/
- What is the safest and most secure way to share car data?’ - http://cardatafacts.eu/safest-secure-way-share-car-data/
- What are the risks of allowing direct access to car data?’ - http://cardatafacts.eu/risk-direct-access-car-data/
- Will vehicle data be available to all service providers and under the same conditions?’ - http://cardatafacts.eu/vehicle-data-available-service-providers/
Plus 11 FAQ pages covering the same content from different angles (ie by explaining some of the terminology used), including: ‘How does the connected car differ from a smartphone?’ - http://cardatafacts.eu/connected-car-differ-smartphone/.
To enable you, as the national associations, to communicate about the CarDataFacts.eu website in an easy way, we have developed a communications toolkit with ready-to-use materials. This toolkit can be downloaded here: https://upcbe47795.sharepoint.com/sites/WG-LC-COM/Shared%20Documents/Official/Subjects/DATA/toolkit.zip?csf=1